Updated: Jun 10
Alex Banayan provided some incredible advice in the Third Door Mentor Sessions today. We learned how to do extreme long-term planning, which is a skill you must hone in on if you want to reach your full potential
Have you ever gotten to a point in your career where you complete your main goals, and then you feel stuck and don't know what to do next? If so, try this strategy.
How to Extreme Long-Term Plan
Set aside 2 hours, get a piece of paper, and draw three columns for three lists.
Column 1: Short Term Goals (1-2 year payoff)
- Spend 50% of your daily energy and time on these goals.
Column 2: Medium Term Goals (3-4 year payoff)
- Spend 30% of your daily energy and time on these goals.
Column 3: Long Term Goals (5-7 year payoff)
- Spend 20% of your daily energy and time on these goals.
Two important things to keep in mind when doing this strategy:
1. Think 10x bigger than you are thinking right now
2. This list is not set in stone, check in every month and make adjustments
P.S. While you should learn how to listen to your inner whisper and develop your self-awareness before doing this exercise, you do NOT need to know your purpose before getting started.
Tomorrow's Topic: Facing Fear